Panel on "Risk Mitigation in Infrastructure Financing" at the Belt and Road Summit
Co-organised by HKMA Infrastructure Financing Facilitation Office and Hong Kong Trade Development Council
Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre
1 Expo Drive, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Risk Mitigation in Infrastructure Financing
Private sector capital is much needed for financing the infrastructure projects in Belt and Road countries given their vast development needs yet limited fiscal resources. However, participation of private sector capital in infrastructure financing in emerging economies have been limited due to various types of risks. Therefore, properly mitigating various forms of risks is most critical to improving the bankability of infrastructure projects.
Comprising senior representatives from different key stakeholders in infrastructure financing, this panel will look into the risk factors that hinder private sector capital’s participation and more importantly, the corresponding mitigation solutions.
- Mr Eddie Yue, JP, Deputy Chief Executive, Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA); Director, HKMA Infrastructure Financing Facilitation Office (IFFO)
Speakers (Listed in alphabetical order of organization name):
- Mr Ian Chung, PRC Leader & Senior Vice President, Asia Pacific, AECOM
- Mr Geert Peeters, Executive Director & Chief Financial Officer, CLP Holdings Limited
- Ms Wen Hong, Chief Representative, Hong Kong Representative Office, The Export-Import Bank of China
- Mr Mark Moseley, Chief Operating Officer, Global Infrastructure Hub
- Mr James Cameron, Co-Head of Infrastructure and Real Estate Group, Asia-Pacific, The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited
- Mr Tim Warren, Head of Credit Lines, Asia Pacific, Zurich Insurance Company Ltd